These ideas are the final selection from my ideas. The first came about through the idea that language helps to create a more sustained education and ability to retain information. The second is based on organisational skills and the idea that objects still exist out of sight. It also focuses on similarities and differences between objects.
Stimulation through language
- A word builder using randomly generated word. Every word guessed grows the plant a little more each time.
- Pictures will appear on the screen and the player will need to type the activity, theme or connections these images share.
- Typing words will cause that thing to appear on the screen. Some unique possibilities are possible. Would be presented like a felt picture.
- Typing the answer to a question to generate electricity. Points will be awarded for how much power the player generates.
- The player will need to type in the names of the chemicals in the test tube to combine them properly and in the right order.
- The player will have a limited list of words they can type in order to maintain an aquarium.
- The player will need to drop items in the corresponding chutes. Points are awarded for speed.
- The player will need to reconfigure items on conveyor belts making sure the items match the end destination. (Time based puzzle)
- Organising a suit case for a holiday. The player will need to make a judgement depending on the destinations. (Cold, Hot, Wet and Dry)
- Sorting by shapes and colours. Simple for a naive player base.
- Organising shapes by there edges, vertices or faces.
- Dragging objects to the appropriate room in a house. The player will also be able to customise the house and earn and income from a successful move. Houses get larger and more complicated as the player becomes a more famous (house mover).
These ideas are great and I am super happy I was able to explore them in more detail. I am now going to review my favourite ideas and begin some research into the various aspects of the design. I am going to focus on visuals, accuracy and player base. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this, it means so much.